MommaSaysToRead

Momma Says to Read

Home Field Advantage

Home Field Advantage - Liz Lincoln

I'm a sucker for second chances and sports romances, so I was a little disappointed with this one. The story starts out okay, but the first half was a lot slower than I cared for. Quinn and Natalie's back and forth, 'I want you, but I don't want to want you' grew tiresome. Once we're finally given the whole backstory, and that took a while, I understood why they felt that way, but it, like a lot of other things in the story, was repetitive. Once they finally get together, the pace did pick up, but we went from the push and pull between these characters to marathon sex sessions. I'm talking page after page, and considering this pair isn't all that adventurous, there was only so much ground to cover. I ended up skimming a lot of that in the second half of the book to get back to where this relationship was going. As far as the romance, Home Field Advantage runs the usual formula, and the bit of angst to test the relationship was glaringly easy to see coming. Looking back over it, I think I enjoyed the football talk more than the relationship with this book. I didn't hate the story, but I didn't love it either, and it's not one I'll think of in terms of books I would read again.