MommaSaysToRead

Momma Says to Read

The Perfect Plan

The Perfect Plan - Bryan Reardon

The cover for The Perfect Plan is what caught my eye, and the blurb sounded interesting, familiar but still interesting. In reality, the story wasn't quite what I was hoping for. I had a hard time connecting with the characters, which could be because none of them are likable. Granted, I don't think they were really meant to be likable, and that's not necessarily a deal breaker, especially in a thriller setting. However, I wouldn't consider this one a thriller. It's certainly family drama, there's more family drama than you can shake a stick at. There are a few scenes that hint and even almost touch on thriller elements, but this one just doesn't quite get there. My biggest issue with The Perfect Plan was its complete predictability. There are twists, but not a single one surprised me. The story does have a decent mystery aspect with the disappearance of Liam and Drew's father, but it wasn't too hard to guess at least the gist of that too. No two people read the same book, so take my thoughts for what they're worth. If it sounds good, give it a shot. For me, there were just more cons than pros with this one.