MommaSaysToRead

Momma Says to Read

Then Came You

Then Came You - Kate Meader

I've been waiting for Grant and Aubrey's story since the beginning of the series, and not so patiently waiting for their secrets about what lay behind the divorce. Boy, did they ever deliver! I felt like this pair had my heart in their hands and would alternately squeeze and stroke depending on where I was in their story. Dramatic much? Definitely, when it comes to these two, but it's hard not to be as they make their journey toward that second chance. I'm a sucker for second chance love stories anyway, so this one had me from the get-go. Add in Grant's Southern boy charm and I was a goner. I won't say that this one is more emotional than the others in the series, but it's a different type of emotion, and if you've ever been through what Grant and Aubrey have, you'll understand what I mean. With that said, I spent a good deal of this book wanting to hug Grant while itching to shake Aubrey til her teeth rattled. Not that she was solely at fault, but I so wanted her to see what was right in front of her, or better yet, to say so. In the end, both were to blame for the break-up and both had to come to grips with that to get the relationship back. In essence, some meeting in the middle was required, and when these two met, the chemistry would knock your socks off. In addition to the emotional storm of Then Came You, we also get loads of Kate Meader's wit and humor to temper the angst, plus a cranky feline who causes his own bit of trouble along the way. I've loved each couple in this terrific series, but Grant and Aubrey are my faves by far, and just one more reason this author is a must read for me.