MommaSaysToRead

Momma Says to Read

Little Darlings

Little Darlings - Melanie Golding

Dark, twisted folklore or postpartum depression? Little Darlings left me with mixed feelings. I'm sure part of that can be blamed on the fact that I went into the book expecting a thriller and got what felt more like a domestic drama. The idea of changelings definitely adds a sinister tone to the story, but in the end, I was still unconvinced as to which way this one wanted to go. Maybe that's the point, and each reader will decide for themselves. All I know for sure is that I expected something more than what I found in this one. According to the hype, Little Darlings is coming to the big screen, so I'll be interested to see how I feel about that format. I don't say this often, but this is one that may be better on the silver screen, at least as far as the thriller aspect goes. Looking at it from the postpartum depression angle, which is the direction I found myself leaning toward, it does make for an interesting drama. So, drama, yes. thriller, not so much, hence my mixed feelings. I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it either.