MommaSaysToRead

Momma Says to Read

Desperate Girls

Desperate Girls - Laura Griffin

Desperate Girls is a bit of a mixed bag. We have some courtroom drama, a bit of action and suspense by way of an escaped murderer set on getting revenge, some hot and steamy romance, and a little more suspense with an interesting twist. This is my first read by Laura Griffin, and I have to say I was impressed. The story moves at a good pace, there are no big lags, and the flow is good. Brynn is a strong female lead, which I always enjoy, and Erik is the very definition of a protector. They have great chemistry and just fit so well together that you can't help but want to see them together. The big bad in this one is about as bad as they get, and the tension builds as he tries to get to Brynn. I would've liked to have seen a bit more from Corby given his intelligence level, but it was still an entertaining read. We do get an intriguing twist at the end - one that I didn't see coming until it was right there. All in all, I enjoyed the book and will certainly be watching for whatever comes next in this new series.