MommaSaysToRead

Momma Says to Read

The Last Time I Lied

The Last Time I Lied - Riley Sager

Man, oh man, Riley Sager is a master at messing with the mind of the reader! Last Time I Lied should've been titled Everybody Lies because there are secrets buried everywhere, both literally and figuratively. The story starts a bit slow, but once it has its hooks in you, there's no breaking loose as the tension builds little by little. Every answer brings another question as past merges with present and everyone is a suspect, including our less than reliable narrator. With the exception of Emma's friend, Marc, there's not a character in this twisted tale that I was completely sure about for more than a hot minute. Everyone has an agenda of one kind or other and every conversation is laced with what could be a clue, a veiled threat, or on the other hand, mean nothing at all. With some whiplash inducing twists, mysteries within mysteries, and so many secrets, this one will keep you guessing right up to the mind-blowing conclusion, and I absolutely loved it!