MommaSaysToRead

Momma Says to Read

Psychological Thriller at its finest

The Wife Between Us - Greer Hendricks, Sarah Pekkanen

Mind-blowing! From one crazy twist to the next, this psychological thriller is absolutely mind-blowing. I'll admit that when I started this book, I wasn't sure that I'd like it. From the first couple of chapters, I thought I had it all figured out and that it wasn't going to be my cup of tea. I thought wrong - way wrong. There is no way to go into any kind of details about The Wife Between Us without spoilers, so I'll just say that the blurb for this one is spot on - Assume nothing, because every time you think you know, you really don't. I'm usually pretty good at puzzling out the conclusion for stories of this type, but this one kept me second-guessing myself over and over, from the very first breath-taking twist, right up to the jaw-dropping conclusion. At each whiplash inducing twist, I could look back and have a forehead smacking moment of seeing the clues, but they're so cleverly done that you don't see them until it's too late.

If you don't read another psychological thriller in 2018, read this one. This wonderfully written and fantastically compelling tale sets the bar quite high for other books in the genre.