MommaSaysToRead

Momma Says to Read

Action, suspense, paranormal, and romance

Crescent Vendetta (Vendetta Series Book 1) - Desiree L Scott

Crescent Vendetta has a smorgasbord of genres. We get crime, action, thriller, suspense, paranormal, and romance all rolled into one engrossing story. The book is well-written and fast-paced. There are some time jumps in the story, but they work well and the flow is good. This one is a bit dark and violent, especially with the abuse that Vanessa has suffered, but the care and protection that Travis and his family show her is part of what makes this one so good. Travis is such an endearing character. He is most certainly self-assured and proud, as I would expect from an alpha, but he doesn't come off as arrogant. The patience that he has with Vanessa is quite touching and keeps the romance side of the story moving during all the turmoil. There is a lot going on, but the story is easy to follow and the action and suspense kept me turning pages. All-in-all, this is great start to a promising series.