MommaSaysToRead

Momma Says to Read

Leave the lights on scary

The Everett Exorcism (World of Shadows) - Lincoln Cole

The thing about demons and the occult is no matter how skeptical you are, even if you believe that it's all a bunch of bunk, there's that niggling at the back of your mind that thinks what if... The Everett Exorcism, with its ever-building tension, plays on that niggling thought until you're terrified to turn the page, but at the same time, you can't stop.

Lincoln Cole has given us a wonderfully written, creepy as creepy gets tale. With strange looks, perfectly timed words that at any other time could be completely innocuous, and even a disturbing doll, the tension builds as Father Paladina investigates a possible possession. What he finds in Everett goes beyond a single person possessed and had this reader turning on the lights to chase the shadows away.

If this first book in the World of Shadows series is any indication of what's to come, I can't wait for the next terrifying addition.