MommaSaysToRead

Momma Says to Read

Fun and engaging start to the series

ALEC (She-Shifters of Hell's Corner Book 1) - Candace Ayers

As far as series starters go, this one is a winner. Candace Ayers has done a great job of introducing the characters in small town, Helen's Corner and the more I read, the more I understood the second name, Hell's Crazy Corner. The story is engaging and fun, the characters are unique, and the dialogue is witty and often quite funny.

Carter is not looking for a relationship, let alone a mate, when she sees Alec for the first time and the stress that causes her makes for some mishaps in her daily life. Of course, Alec's situation doesn't help matters and what follows is a crazy few days for this pair as well as some serious heat, both in and out of the kitchen.

There were several great scenes in this one, but to go into them would give spoilers. I will say that I laughed out loud more than once and I did cheer a bit at the end of chapter 22 - I couldn't help myself. Of course, you'll have to read it to find out why.