MommaSaysToRead

Momma Says to Read

Slow pace

Bad Reputation: A Bad Boys of Sports Novel - Nicole Edwards

Bad Reputation grabs the reader's attention pretty quickly as characters are introduced and we learn about the friendship between Chase and Cassie. The characters are interesting and the dialogue is often witty and fun. While Chase is a bad boy on the ice, I wouldn't necessarily call him that when it comes to romance. A playboy, yes, but that doesn't make him a bad boy. His best friend who, according to the blurb, calls him on his BS, even mentions what a great guy he is and how well he treats women. That aside, the story is engaging at the beginning, but begins to fizzle soon thereafter. The pacing is almost agonizingly slow at times and I found myself wondering if there was actually going to be any romance. Things do start to heat up between Cassie and Chase, but the turnaround in Cassie's behavior seemed a bit much, considering how career driven she is up to that point.

The writer is certainly talented and the premise is good, but the pacing made it too easy to set aside for something else.