MommaSaysToRead

Momma Says to Read

Both heartbreaking and hopeful

Jaded: Luke: Laurel Creek Series (Volume 1) - Hildie McQueen

Let me start by saying that I absolutely loved main character, Luke. He's such an endearing character and his struggle with PTSD is so heartbreaking. The secondary characters in this story are also quite interesting, especially Luke's twin and his cousin. Much of the dialogue is witty and often humorous, adding some levity to a serious situation.

I'm still unsure about Luke's love interest, Leah. She's so angry and driven. I gather from her actions that she is a perfectionist, but we're never really told why she reacts the way she does. I would've liked to have seen a bit more development for Leah's character so as to understand her quick turnaround where Luke is concerned. That, in my opinion, could've easily made this one a five-star read.

Overall, the story is good and kept me turning pages to see how things would come out for Luke. I'll be interested to see where this series goes.