MommaSaysToRead

Momma Says to Read

Emotional and entertaining

Survival Game (Men of London Book 9) - Susan Mac Nicol

I'll admit that I started this book with a bit of trepidation. I didn't notice until I was ready to start reading that it's the 9th book in the series and was worried that I'd be lost. No such problem here. The story works well as a standalone and while I'm sure that some of the characters are from past books, I had no trouble following Eric and Kyle's story. I will say that I found the secondary characters interesting enough that I will be checking out the rest of the series.

Both Kyle and Eric have troubling back stories that tug at the heartstrings and have each of them being cautious in matters of the heart. Even with past troubles and caution, this pair is quite good together and I couldn't help but root for their happily ever after. The story is very well-written and while it is an emotional tale, there is some wonderfully witty dialogue and moments of levity to keep it from getting too angsty.