MommaSaysToRead

Momma Says to Read

Amusing

The Charmer (A Hot Romantic Comedy) (Harbor City) - Avery Flynn

This RomCom is a light-hearted, amusing read. The story is well-written and the flow is good, and I did get a few chuckles along the way. The problem, for me, is the heroine in this romance. Supposedly determined to land the elusive Tyler, Felicia's actions are quite contrary to that. I get that she is a bit obsessive about her lists and completing them, but falling into bed with Hudson, over and over, and getting right back on task with catching Tyler before the sheets have even cooled, is not what I would expect from an accomplished woman. I did enjoy Hudson's chase and failure to capture his love interest, as well as his run-in with her crazy feline, and the steam between this pair was fan yourself hot, but Felicia just left me with a sour feeling.

The author is talented and the writing style is quite good, so I will continue to read her books. This one just missed the mark for me.