MommaSaysToRead

Momma Says to Read

Promising start to the series

Forged Alliances - Katherine McIntyre

I'm always up for a good shifter series, and this first book in the Tribal Spirit series is a promising start. The book is well-written and engaging, and the character development is sound - even the secondary characters are interesting. The story starts with an intriguing situation and doesn't let up.

There is quite a lot going on in this entertaining read - an alliance between clans, a civil war, attacks from an opposing faction, and battles for the title of alpha. And on top of that, the sexual tension between Dax and Sierra is almost palpable as they dance around their attraction and the mating bond. And the banter between them is one of my favorite elements in the book. While neither of them are exactly romantic, they are absolutely perfect for each other, snarky wit and all.

Overall, Forged Alliances is an action-packed, sexy read with witty dialogue and just the right amount of humor to keep it from getting too angsty. It's a solid start to a promising series and I can't wait to see what's next.