MommaSaysToRead

Momma Says to Read

Excellent Debut

The Dragon in the Garden (The Watcher Rising Series, #1) - Erika Gardner

I can't even begin to express just how much I enjoyed this book! While I don't read a lot of Epic Fantasy, I love Urban Fantasy and Mythology and this one has both in spades. There are a lot of characters to keep up with and it is a lengthy read with a lot going on, but it's such an engaging story that it all just worked. We have a group of three humans, a fallen angel, a Valkyrie, and a dragon set on saving the world. With a mix like that, things are bound to get crazy and they do with plenty of action as demons, a reaper, and even the fae enter the picture. There are some moments of sadness and yes, I cried along with our heroine, and there are also some fun sexy times. It's not graphic, but it is there. With everything going on in this tale, some of my favorite parts included the dialogue between the characters. It's all quite witty, but several times it is absolutely laugh out loud hilarious and timed quite well. The whole story is just so good and overall, this fantastical, romantic, hilarious, emotional, and even a bit creepy at times story is an excellent debut from Gardner.