MommaSaysToRead

Momma Says to Read

Steamy and romantic

Absinthe - Winter Renshaw

Winter Renshaw has a writing style that pulls a reader in and doesn't let go. Absinthe is wonderfully written and is a bit different than most romances. It's not a quick love story where two people meet and fall head over heals. Instead, it's a love story that spans years and keeps a reader guessing about the outcome. It is steamy and there's the bit of taboo with the principal/student attraction, but everyone is an adult. Ford is young for the position he holds and even though Halston is technically still a teenager, legal but still a teen, but given her childhood, she's wise beyond her years. Actually, there's less than ten years between them and with the circumstances, I didn't get the creep factor that sometimes comes with teacher/student relationships. There's just something about this pair and their love for one another that is quite compelling and makes you want to see them together. Overall, the story flows very well and held my interest from start to finish. Renshaw has another winner!