MommaSaysToRead

Momma Says to Read

Great 1st in series

Demon Hunter (Divine Justice, 1) - Mary Abshire

Mary Abshire has become one of my go-to authors for losing myself in a paranormal world and this first book in the Divine Justice series is just one more reason why.
Excellent world building and an original premise combine with action, suspense, and intrigue to keep a reader turning pages. This fun twist on the vampire story has these creatures of the night defending mankind from demons.
Strong leading ladies are always a good element and Anna certainly fits that description, but she also has a softer side that lends to an interesting contrast. In fact, I always find this author's characters interesting and this one is no different in that respect. The idiosyncrasies of each character - Anna's purple fuzzy socks, Glen's car, Victor's libido, etc - add that extra something that makes the characters believable and results in the reader becoming invested in what happens to them.
Overall, Demon Hunter is a solid start to what promises to be another exciting series by this author. The fast pace and gripping story line, along with the compelling characters and witty dialogue, make for a book I couldn't put down.