MommaSaysToRead

Momma Says to Read

Chilling

A Desolate Hour (Point Pleasant) - Mae Clair

Growing up an hour from Point Pleasant, WV, I've heard the Mothman stories all my life and was excited to read A Desolate Hour - one take on the Mothman story. What I didn't realize was that this is the third book in Clair's Point Pleasant Series, so I was a bit lost on some things at the beginning of the book. Fortunately, as the story progressed and things started coming together, those things began to make sense and I found myself getting wrapped up in the character's lives. My initial confusion aside, the plot was well thought out and I can only imagine the amount of research that went into the telling of this tale.

There are so many theories about the Mothman and Clair certainly weaves a chilling and engaging tale with one such theory. The story does center on Quentin and Susan and their connection to the Mothman legend, but there are also several other characters that are central to the story. In all honesty, every character in this story was interesting - love them or hate them, they all played their part in this tale.

Overall, A Desolate Hour is everything I would expect from a Paranormal Suspense novel. It's creepy, chilling, engaging, a bit disturbing at times, and keeps a reader turning the pages to see what will happen next.