MommaSaysToRead

Momma Says to Read

Sweet & Romantic

Roaming Free: A Paranormal Mpreg Gay Romance (The Omega Date Diaries) (Volume 3) - Odin Nightshade

I've enjoyed all three books in Nightshade's Omega Date Diaries series, but this one is definitely my favorite so far and it's most certainly the most emotional. It's not an overly long story, around two to three hours read time, but there's a lot packed into that time. Tarly and Roam are keeping secrets as they get to know one another and their anxiety over those secrets is almost palpable. Tarly's situation is scary and heartbreaking, especially when he reveals his turbulent past and Roam's determination make the relationship into something real is like a ray of hope to the lonely Tarly.
Roaming Free is not one of those action-packed shifter tales of wars between rival packs. It is a romance, in every sense of the word. It's all about Tarly and Roam and their journey to happiness, and what a sweet, engrossing tale it is.
I have to add that as a writer, Tarly is working on a book throughout this story. I've seen this done before, but I have to say that for an author to add in pieces of another, completely separate, story in the middle of everything going on between the main characters, and make it just as interesting, takes talent. Nightshade pulled it off splendidly and even had me curious about the characters in the Tarly's story.
Overall, Roaming Free is a tale of love, loss, hope, and ultimately, happiness. It's a story of two people finding that special someone to share their life and make a family with. Oh, and an absolutely adorable toddler to lighten things up when they get a little heavy.